Friday, June 29, 2007

Welcome to God’s Space

Last Monday night, after our first regularly scheduled meeting of the St. Elizabeth’s Community Restoration Team, when I came out of the building, I noticed three of the neighborhood kids sitting on the steps of St. Elizabeth’s, and I thought:

Cool.

I have never seen the kids at Sunday services, and I doubt they belong to any of the house churches, but it was great to see them around St. E’s.

Elaine contends that God is using St. E’s to draw people to Him. I think she’s right.

So, however you get here, and whoever you are, welcome. God accepts you.

We should, too.

1 comment:

Laurie O. said...

I've been looking for an opportunity to share a concern about the welcoming by VC toward the community. Perhaps this is the place.

I wondered if we could start a discussion about equal access for people with disabilities. VC seems to be progressive in so many areas..it seems totally awkward that accessibility issues are being overlooked. (IMHO.)

I wrote my perspective on this issue a while back on my blog for those who are interested:

POST